DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Analyze and evaluate patient data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder.
2) Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
3) Prescribe and direct the use of Buprenorphine treatment for medically assisted patients.
4) Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
5) Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
6) Counsel outpatients and other patients during office visits.
7) Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
8) Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patient to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
9) Advise and inform guardians, relatives, and significant others of patients' conditions and treatment.
10) Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists and medical professionals.
1) Doctorate Degree in Psychology
2) Licensed in the state of KY
3. Must have a Data 2000 Waiver and be eligible to increase patient limits to 275 under the new federal regulations.